Wayne Township has a total of eight elected officials, shown at the right.
- The Supervisor is responsible for the overall administration of the township
- The Clerk is responsible for maintaining public records and coordinating election details
- The Assessor, who is required by law to be properly certified, is responsible for the assessment of real property in the township and head of the Assessor's Office
- The Highway Commissioner is head of the township Road District, which is responsible for the maintenance of roads and bridges in areas not covered by other jurisdictions, including brush pickup and snow plowing
- In addiition, there are four Trustees who represent the interests of township residents on the Town Board